‘The Last Treasure Hunt’, er, hunt…
‘The Last Treasure Hunt’ was published on the 26th March 2015 and to celebrate its release a number of book bloggers are taking part in an online treasure hunt. Today on my blog is clue number 3, but first I thought you might want to read what this book is about.
At the age of thirty, Campbell Johnstone is a failure. He’s stuck behind the bar of a shabby pub, watching from the sidelines while everyone else makes a success of their lives. The most visible is Eve Sadler, a childhood friend and rising Hollywood star.
When Campbell tries to rekindle their relationship, he longs for the glitter of her success to rub off on him, but a single shocking night – the novel’s shattering twist delivered with a knockout punch – changes everything. Campbell is about to discover the bittersweet taste of fame, and in the process, struggle to save his soul and overcome his own self-delusion.
The Last Treasure Hunt explores our obsession with fame and celebrity with great intelligence and sly wit – it’s a modern media morality tale with bite.
For the man with the lethal licence
Here’s the site of his May Day
A fruitless pursuit; the assassin’s glider
Carries her away
How the hunt works:
- Each clue refers to a landmark or iconic location in a film. The landmark/location is the answer – when you figure it out, make a note of it!
- (If you need a hand, check out the #treasurehunt hashtag on Twitter or Instagram for a hint to the landmark’s location…
- Clues will be revealed by some fantastic book bloggers from March 26th until April 21st. Keep checking back on Jane Alexander’s dedicated treasure hunt page (http://janealexander.net/join-the-hunt) or on the #treasurehunt hashtag for links and new clues
- When all the clues are revealed, the first letter of every answer will make an anagram. Solve the anagram and you have your final answer!
- Email this answer and all the landmarks you figured out to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th to be entered into the prize draw. Two entrants will win a signed copy of The Last Treasure Hunt – and if you’ve guessed the most landmarks and locations, you’ll win a goodie bag and something special from Jane personally! On top of that you’ll get bragging rights on Twitter and we’ll publicly dub you queen/king sleuth.
- Good luck!