The lovely Julie Shackman is back on my blog with another guest post, this time with some very useful tips for writing.
The Write Way!
My tips for writing – even when you don’t feel like it!
- Get some fresh air first. Looking at people and places around you, can often trigger ideas and creativity.
- Read something! Pick up the latest novel you’re reading and dive in. I find reading somebody else’s work often helps to kick-start my writing mojo!
- Go and scribble down anything – random notes; ideas; story-lines; a bit of poetry. Sometimes doing this can just help you get into the flow.
- Treat yourself to some gorgeous new notebooks (any excuse!) Seeing all those lovely, crisp white pages and decorated covers, will spurn you on to fill them with your latest creations.
- If you read my Blog or follow me on Twitter, you’ll know that I find it very difficult to write at home – so I go to a local coffee shop instead. A couple of hours sitting writing, people watching and observing can do wonders.
- Browse around your local Bookshop. Seeing all those lovely, glossy covers can really give you lots of encouragement.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t write as much one particular day. Any amount of words is progress, so just keep going.
Good Luck, persevere and remember to read and write every day if you can!