Blogger Recognition Award
I would like to thank Caroline Vincent for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. I have never been nominated for this award before and I feel honoured. It came just at the right time and means a lot to me. Your blog looks lovely and I will be exploring it for sure. This is Caroline’s blog – https://www.bitsaboutbooks.net/
Being nominated means that I am obliged to follow the rules. These are:-
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog; let them know you have nominated them; provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started
I became a regular user of Twitter. At first I reviewed a few books on Amazon etc. I could see that people had blogs but knew nothing about setting up a blog and running it. Then one day I decided to take the plunge, registered for a blog with WordPress and over 5 years later here I am still blogging.
My two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- The blogging world is a very exciting community with lots to learn. Choose books you really want to read and try not to take on too many reviews. This is the mistake a lot of us have made and that’s when things can get really overwhelming and sometimes stressful. If things get too much take a little break from your blog.
- Remember to write honest reviews. If you didn’t like a book say why. It doesn’t matter if the whole world seems to like the same book, it doesn’t mean you necessarily will. After all if we all liked the same things it would be a very boring world indeed. Don’t feel bad about not being amongst the thousands who love a particular book.
The 15 bloggers I want to give this award to
I’m sure some of the bloggers I will be selecting have already been nominated. If you’ve been chosen more than once then please consider yourself as being very special.
- Anne Cater – http://randomthingsthroughmyletterbox.blogspot.co.uk/
- Linda Hill – https://lindasbookbag.com/
- Sarah Hardy – https://lindasbookbag.com/
- Sharon – http://shazsbookblog.blogspot.co.uk/
- Kate – https://bibliophilebookclub.com/
- Rachel Gilbey – http://rachelsrandomreads.blogspot.co.uk/
- Anne Williams – http://beinganne.com/
- Sophie – http://www.book-drunk.co.uk/
- Rebecca Pugh – http://thehummingbirdreviews.blogspot.co.uk/
- Gordon McGhie – http://grabthisbook.net
- Drew Weldon – https://thetattooedbookgeek.wordpress.com/
- Joanne Robertson – https://mychestnutreadingtree.wordpress.com/
- Jen Lucas – https://jenmedsbookreviews.com/
- Janet Emson – https://fromfirstpagetolast.wordpress.com/
- Mairead Hearne – http://www.swirlandthread.com/
Each and every blog which I have chosen is unique. These bloggers are amazing people and they put in a lot of time and effort doing what they love to do, spreading the word about books. Sometimes things can get hard. Sometimes there are disappointments along the way. But the thing that will always keep us going is books.